Dear Parents, Principals and Teachers, January 2019
We are super excited to announce that we are now adding a whole new extension and venture to our amazing Wiggle and Jam program.
We are currently teaching in over a hundred schools on a weekly basis, and we are constantly growing which attests to the incredible and effective music and movement program we are privileged to present.
We have however over the past few years received several requests from schools for us to present Instrument Showcase Days as a once per year event where we introduce the children to several instruments, sounds, musical terms and genres. We proceeded to design a few shows that would do just that in an incredibly fun and engaging way.
These 30 minute per group “shows” are being presented to the entire school by teacher Mandi, who has been a Wiggle & Jam Music and Movement teacher for the past 4 years.
Teacher Mandi is a qualified music teacher who completed her music studies at the Pretoria Technikon, receiving her National Diploma in light music in 1999.
Upon completion of her studies, she proceeded to perform in various countries, with different bands occasionally, making use of a variety of instruments in her performances.
Once she decided to settle and start a family, she started teaching piano, singing and flute to students of various ages.
Mandi has also been a senior adjudicator for the National Eistedfodd for the past 10 years.
Seeing the incredible impact that music had and still has on her own young children and their development, Mandi decided to join the Wiggle & Jam team and has never looked back since.
Her passion for music and young children contributed in these music showcase days being born, in order to give all the little ones the opportunity to experience the magic of music and real live instruments.
So, what may a typical Instrument showcase day look like?
We introduce the little ones to various instruments. These include the Voice, Keyboard (piano), Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Marimba, African Instruments (e.g. panflute, mbira, African shakers, djembe drum), Bass guitar, Electric guitar, Saxophone, Mandolin, Violin, Bagpipes, Electronic drums etc (all dependent on the program for the day).
Each Instrument is brought in, the different parts explained & discussed, and the instrument is played in order for the children to hear the true live sound of the instrument.
During this process, various songs are repeated & recognized in different manners:
Dynamics: Soft (Piano) – Loud (Forte)
Tempo: Fast (Allegro) – Slow (Lento)
Pitch: (High – Low)
Staccato – Legato
We also include different genres (Classical, Contemporary, African music, Children’s classics, World music) as a part of the lesson.
All of this is done in a fun and interactive manner with the use of costumes to add entertainment value for the children.
Why do the children love this so much?
- It is a huge amount of fun for young and old
- They experience the true live instruments first-hand, which leaves a lasting impression on their young minds
- We cultivate a love for music in these young hearts
- Music has been proven to provide a huge amount of stimulation to the developing brain
- The timeless essence of music crosses all barriers, races, intellect, class and age, and unifies the human race in a way that no other activity can
Who knew that learning could be THIS exciting, effortless and fun-filled?
Some of the direct & Indirect aims of these classes are:
Rhythm/sound patterns Recognizing
Copy & Repeat
Learning Musical terms
Improve listening skills
Promote participation and performance in singing and instrumental activities
Learn Instrument names/parts
Learn the different sounds that various instruments make
Explore own voices as instruments/percussive elements
Correct breathing and posture
Cultural development and appreciation
Promote enjoyment of music
Recognize and explore how sounds can be changed
Sing simple songs from memory
Match movements to music
Developing an understanding and appreciation of a wide range of music
To develop student’s musical literacy and musical sense through joining musical activities
We are currently offering the Musical Instrument Showcase days on Monday mornings.
Why not consider booking it in advance in support of and in addition to your themed lessons on musical Instruments and elements? We will gladly come to your school and present the interactive show to all the students 2yrs and above. We do have some video clips available should you wish to take a closer look.
Our pricing structure is as follows:
Up to 33 Children R 1 500
34-60 Children R 45 per child
61-90 Children R 40 per child
90+ Children R 35 per child
If you have any queries regarding any of the above or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact Ute or Mandi, we will endeavour to assist to the best of our ability.
Thank you, thank you, thank you so, so much for all the trust, love and support, and for allowing us to be part of your school and the children’s most amazing and most important Early Learning Years; this for us is truly a privilege.
Children are our passion and allowing us to have the most amazing fun and learning–filled Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement classes with them makes us get up with a smile in our hearts and souls every single morning; We love what we do and do what we love!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR NEVER-FAILING TRUST AND CARE.
Thank you for being the most amazing teachers and principals in all the children’s lives.
And the BEST, the ONE AND ONLY and PREFERRED
Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement Team
Welcome and Welcome back to this most amazing, fun and learning filled Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement New Year.
2018 to be the BEST year to date!
We have started our demos and classes already. Please do look out for our registration forms in your children’s bags.
Children are our Passion!!!
Thank you for your trust and support and for allowing us to be part of your children’s most important and truly most amazing EARLY LEARNING YEARS.
It is an honour and a privilege to see them grow and develop.
Ute and the Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement Team
Welcome to our Blog
Stay up to date
Dear Parents, Principals, Teachers and Friends,
Our most amazing Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement Business is growing and expanding and we are looking for Music and Movement Teachers who want to be part of an amazing team.
To be a Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement Teacher we require the following:
- Experience with children
- Own transport and computer with internet connection
- Basic computer skills
- Available to work in the mornings during the school terms to teach children
- Committed, Energetic and Self-motivated and wanting to start and grow her own business
- Eager to make “her” business a success being part of our amazing team
- Some “Musical Experience” would be an advantage – Everything can be learnt 😉
- Reliable and Dependable as the Wiggle and Jam Children rely on their teacher to teach them every week…. It is just too much fun to miss or skip a class.
- Most Amazing Supportive Team
- Flexible but fixed timings
- Income based on own enthusiasm – the more children you teach the higher your earnings
- Responsible for own achievements
- As it is your own business you will be required to purchase the necessary instrument pack
Characteristics of a Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement Teacher:
- If you are looking to do something purposeful with your life, this is it!
- An absolute love and passion for pre-school children and an interest in child development.
- Humble and grateful and the ability to connect and form relationships with children, school principals, teachers and parents.
- A team player who works well on her own making Wiggle and Jam Music and Movement her life.
This is not a job, it is a calling.
If you are interested, please e-mail me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do pass this information on to friends you think would love to join our team.